TekShop Advantage Warranty Program
When it comes to electronics we have found that by purchasing the products from brand distributors in different parts of the world, we are able to offer you a better price on the exact same devices. Unfortunately, that sometimes means foregoing the coverage offered by a manufacturers warranty. That is why we offer the option of adding on our TekShop Advantage warranties to all cell phones, tablets, camera bodies, and camera flashes and our TekShop Advantage 5 year warranty on camera lenses, which makes our warranty equal to most and even more comprehensive than many manufacturers.
TekShop Advantage Warranty Terms and Conditions
- YOUR CELL PHONE, TABLET, CAMERA BODY, AND/OR CAMERA FLASH IS GUARANTEED AGAINST ANY MANUFACTURING DEFECTS FOR A FULL YEAR AND YOUR CAMERA LENSE IS GUARANTEED AGAINST ANY MANUFACTURING DEFECTS FOR FIVE YEARS FROM THE DATE OF THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE. If during this period of guarantee the product proves defective due to improper material or workmanship, you must contact us to open a claim. TekShop reserves the right (at it's sole discretion) to replace or repair the product and to determine whether the product needs to be shipped for repair and/or replacement or can be brought to a local authorised repair center. This warranty is only provided upon contacting TekShop and opening a claim for the product and with proof of an original invoice or purchase receipt indicating the date of purchase and product type. TekShop reserves the right to refuse free-of-charge warranty service if the above documents cannot be presented or the information contained in it is incomplete or illegible.
- This warranty will not cover necessary maintenance and repair or replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear; modifications to upgrade the product from it's normal purpose as described in user manuals; transport costs and all risks of transport relating directly or indirectly to the warranty of the products; any damage resulting from modifications or adjustments which may be made to the product; cost of rentals, lost fees, or other expenditures.
- The warranty will not be applicable in the case of damage caused by misuse including but not limited to failure to use the product for it's normal purpose or according to the user instructions on the proper use and maintenance, and to installation and use of the product inconsistent with the safety standards in force in the country where it is used; damage caused by accidents including but not limited to lightning, water, fire, misuse or neglect; alteration, defacing illegibility or removal of the model or serial number on the product; damage resulting from repairs or adjustments which have been conducted by unauthorised service organisations or persons; damage in any system into which the product is incorporated or with which it used.
- Our warranty limitations are up to a maximum of $2000 CAD for cell phones and tablets, $7500 CAD for lenses and $6500 CAD for cameras. The TekShop Advantage warranty covers a maximum of one (1) replacement device, and upon issuing of a replacement device the warranty for the original product is deemed fulfilled and the warranty period is ended.
TekShop Advantage+ Accidental Warranty Program Terms and Conditions:
- IN ADDITION TO THE COVERAGE AFFORDED BY THE TEKSHOP ADVANTAGE STANDARD WARRANTY, IF YOU PURCHASE THE TEKSHOP ADVANTAGE+ ACCIDENTAL WARRANTY, YOU ARE ALSO COVERED AS FOLLOWS: If during this period of guarantee the product is damaged due to an accident such as a fall, spill or drop, TekShop reserves the right, subject to the terms and conditions of this limited warranty, at its sole discretion, to either replace or repair the product and to determine whether the product needs to be shipped for repair and/or replacement or can be brought to a local authorised repair center. With respect to replacement of a device due to accidental damage, the TekShop Advantage+ Accidental Warranty Program covers one (1) replacement device only. Upon the issuing of a replacement device the warranty for the original product is deemed fulfilled and the warranty period is ended.
- This warranty is only provided upon contacting TekShop and opening a claim for the product and with proof of an original invoice or purchase receipt indicating the date of purchase and product type, in addition to proof of purchase of the TekShop Advantage+ Accidental Warranty Program. TekShop reserves the right to refuse free-of-charge warranty service if the above documents cannot be presented or the information contained in it is incomplete or illegible.
- The standard TekShop Advantage Warranty remains in effect from the purchase date until the warranty expiration date. During the first fifteen (15) days after purchase, TekShop will pay any shipping costs within the United States or Canada for items which are determined to have a manufacturers defect or are dead on arrival. The TekShop Advantage+ Accidental Warranty begins coverage from accidents as listed in the Limited Warranty terms on the sixteenth (16) day after purchase. After the initial 15 day period, shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer. TekShop reserves the right (at it's sole discretion) to replace or repair the product and to determine whether the product needs to be shipped for repair and/or replacement or can be brought to a local authorised repair center.
- This warranty will cover accidents in terms of unintentional damages as a result of impact, liquid damage or unintentional physical damage. Accidental Coverage is an option for new, TekShop-purchased items and protects against drops, bumps, and spills. Accidental Coverage is typically offered as an option for phones, tablets, cameras, lenses, and other portable electronics.
- The TekShop Advantage+ Accidental Warranty described herein does not cover:
- misuse, neglect, abuse; drops over 6 feet, fire damage or full immersion in water;
- damage that is incurred by an animal or pet (ie: dog chewing);
- damage incurred by natural disasters (ie: hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, fires…etc) or other external causes;
- damage or malfunctions caused by third-party products including, without limitation, software, downloaded data or materials, consumable parts, accessories or peripherals;
- damage or malfunctions caused by Internet or telecommunications failures;
- damage or malfunctions caused by commercial use;
- or damage or malfunctions caused by unauthorized opening, use, service, tampering, alteration, repair or modification;
- cosmetic damage or normal wear and tear;
- any software, whether or not contained in or distributed with your product;
- any downloaded data or materials;
- consumable parts, such as batteries;
- accessories or peripherals; or
- damage caused by inadequate packing or shipping procedures in returning your device to TekShop for service.
- The said limited warranty does not apply to devices sold as used, refurbished or reconditioned.
- To make a warranty claim or arrange for warranty service for your product, you must contact TekShop during the Advantage Standard Warranty Period or Advantage+ Accidental Warranty Period, as applicable.
- TEKSHOP DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT THE OPERATION OF YOUR PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.